A French SME is searching for consortium partners, working on more energy efficient and integrated data centres (EE-20 call of Horizon 2020- Secure Clean and efficient energy WP).
They edit a solution that consists in two parts : an OS (Linux-based distribution) and a management software of virtual machines. They got partnerships with famous industries in different countries especially in USA and France.
They are also doing business with international clients of all types (SMEs, universities, governments, etc) from all around the world (Germany, Canada, Brazil, Middle East, etc.)
Their software is very easy to use for data centres and private cloud networks from 10 to 1000 servers/computers. Currently, the company is working on the development of green components for their software, in order to help servers/private cloud owners to reduce their energy consumption.
In fact, virtualisation processes developed by the company allow IT administrators to manage easily virtual machines via a smart interface that enables multiple commands : run, shut down, move on another server, duplicate, etc.
The module currently under development is based on a 3-steps scheme : data collection (calculation performance, energy consumption, etc.) -> data machining (smart & automatic data treatment, artificial intelligence) -> data visualisation (thanks to smart ergonomy of the user/admin-interface).
Hence, the French SME is willing to join/gather competencies around a global collaborative project for the purpose of :
- testing their current solution, improve it and adapt it to multiple types of datacenters/private cloud networks.
- reaching new partners across Europe involved in multiple activities : datacenters owners, hardware manufacturers, energy grids specialists, cooling experts, etc.
- accelerating the development of sustainable datacenters & private cloud networks prototypes at European level : Future Energy Efficient Data centers (FEED)
To do so, the proposal should focus on :
- defining & electing ideal test/pilot sites (datacenters / private networks - the French SME has already contacts with interested local stakeholders).
- providing innovative energy solutions (production/transmission), smart grids for datacenters & private network sites/zones (from 10 to 1000 units & bigger) : power-to-heat/cooling solutions/heat waste recovery
- fostering development of computer hardware for data centers / private cloud networks infrastructures with performance & low energy consumption objectives
- demonstrating infrastructures & software solutions are safe & secure to use.
- analyzing impacts of such a proposal particularly in regard to social & environmental aspects (urban integration, working conditions, gender equality, energy systems)
EoI deadline : 9 December 2016 17:00:00
Call deadline : 19 January 2017 17:00:00
Type and Role of Partner Sought
Task to be performed by the partners sought:
All partners must propose their technologies to build/assemble on site what could be a sustainable model of Future Energy Efficient Datacenters (FEED) integrating the French SME software technology :
-> Datacenters/Private cloud owners must provide test/experimentation sites/zones, (if the coordinator could be also an owner it would enforce project coherence)
-> Smart grids/energy heating and cooling industries should provide solutions to optimize energy consumption of servers, also they should propose the use of renewable energy production/reuse/transmission.
-> Hardware manufacturers should focus on proposing high-efficiency components, fast start&shutdown servers
-> Security specialists would insure both software and infrastructures resilience.
-> Social scientist would provide expertise on environmental/urban integration of the test sites and data related to working conditions/gender equality/user experience/etc.
All types of partners are welcome to express their interest (research institutions, university, large industries, SME) but keep in mind the call is an innovation action (Industrial focus with short/mid term go-to-market objectives).
Type and Size of Partner Sought >500
For more information please contact:
Phone Number +30-2107273954
Public Email: firstname.lastname@example.org